We’re all about a team effort. It takes a village.
Together, we win.
We improve the quality of life for everyone in Chula Vista through proactive involvement with the community.
The Mission of the Chula Vista Police Activities League is to support and inspire the lives of underserved and at-risk youth living in and/or attending school in the City of Chula Vista through financial support, educational scholarships, encouragement and mentorship.
About Chula Vista
Public safety is a top priority. Chula Vista is the second largest city in San Diego and one of the safest cities in the entire region. From 2007 – 2011, violent crime, property crime, and the overall crime rate in the community declined, dropping more than 32 percent in each category. Chula Vista is one of the safest cities in San Diego County.
The best defense against crime is embracing the community and engaging residents to be involved in the safety of Chula Vista. From the Citizen Academy and Town Hall meetings, to the annual National Night Out Against Crime, Chula Vista Police welcomes the opportunity to work side by side with residents to promote safety, crime prevention, and neighborhood spirit.
Richard Preuss, Institute for Public Strategies; Program/Activity Committee
Nicole Kingkade, Chula Vista Police Department, Training Program Specialist; Program/Activity Committee
Bryant Shimizu, Chula Vista Police Department, Management Analyst I; Program/Activity Committee
- Roxana Kennedy, Chief of Police, Chula Vista Police Department
- Ruth Bucio, Development Specialist, South Bay Community Services, Program/Activity Committee
- Martha Estrada, Vice President and Branch Manager, First Bank, Nominating Committee
- Gary Ficacci, Director of Security, The Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center
- David Garber, Forensic Specialist, Chula Vista Police Department, Marketing/Community Relations & Fund Development
- Rosio Gardea, Detective, Chula Vista Police Department, Marketing/Community Relations & Fund Development
- Olivia Gil-Guevara, ThirdSectorProject, Nonprofit Consultant, Marketing/Community Relations & Fund Development Committee
- Nancy Kerwin, CVESD (retired), Finance & Budget Committee & Program/Activity Committee
- Sean Lowery, Battalion Chief, Chula Vista Fire Department, Program/Activity Committee
- Sherry Stone, Emergency Preparedness & Security Manager, Chula Vista Elementary School District, Program/Activity Committee
We’re a 501(c)(3) Organization
Not only do we show the community lots of support, we also want to assure you that your dollars are doing great things. Donate today!
IRS Form 990 Filing Notifications
We need your support!
The community – both businesses and inviduals – has been very generous with donations of time, funds and resources. Your contributions are so valuable, and much appreciated!