Breaking Down Barriers to Build Up Our Community
Chula Vista Police Activities League (CV PAL) was organized in 1992 and is committed to serving the youth in our community. We focus on breaking down barriers to education and career readiness through our scholarship program for underserved and at-risk youth. CV PAL also works collaboratively with our community partners to provide food and toys for families with children around the holidays, and to support other organizations also seeking to serve the youth in our community.
CV PAL is a community-based, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. EIN 33-0736827
We see potential at every stage of life.
Every child deserves the opportunity to succeed. That’s why CV PAL is so important. Our goal is to prepare and equip young people to meet the challenges of adulthood and achieve their full potential.
- There are 74.2 million people under 18 in the United States. That’s 24% of the total population. (source)
- Nearly 40% of children in the United States live in low-income families with incomes at or below 200% of the federal poverty level. (source)
- High school dropouts are more than 8x as likely to commit crimes and serve prison time (source). Of the dropouts, 12% are unemployed.(source)
- Children from low-income families are more likely to start school with limited language skills, have less parental support with homework, and deal with more emotional and social problems that interfere with learning (source).
- Nearly 45% of children living in poverty are overweight or obese compared with 22% of children living in households with incomes 4x the poverty level. (source)
Children: Our Future
Our future begins with the children in our community. We take every moment we can to support them and let them know we’re here.
Faith in Education
We’re firm believers in education. Sometimes students don’t have the means to go to college on their own. That’s when we step in.
Bringing the Magic
The holidays, especially, can be really hard for families who can’t afford anything extra. We bring smiles and holiday magic to them.
We embrace the diversity and culture in our community. Together, we ALL make Chula Vista a great place to live and thrive.
We need your support!
The community – both businesses and inviduals – has been very generous with donations of time, funds and resources. Your contributions are so valuable, and much appreciated!
Love our CV PAL!
Amazing group that does wonderful things for the community!
– Kathy C.
Thank you, CV PAL!
CV PAL led me to many opportunities and opened many doors.
– Francine A., PAL scholarship recipient and first lieutenant (1LT) Military Police Officer, US Army